Sunday, August 14, 2011

Adventures Abroad: McLean in Spain 2011: McLean Hudson

9: 55 PM, July 26, I landed back in Nashville after what seemed like a year in Spain. Halfway to baggage claim, I sat down at an abandoned gait, my legs heavy with the realization that my incredible trip was finally coming to an end.

Spain lived up to every expectation I had, and continued to surprise and delight me each day. Of course it did not hurt that the members of the EIL group I traveled with grew to be some of my best friends in only a week. The fourteen of us quickly adjusted to Spanish food and culture and shared our difficulties with the Spanish language. The friends I made on this trip made an already unforgettable experience the trip of a lifetime. For all this, I must once again thank the Wilson Family for sponsoring this trip, which has greatly enhanced my appreciation for Spanish culture and the Spanish language.

No comments:

Post a Comment